Nesstar 4.0 is now available
A new version of the Nesstar Software Suite has been released.
Nesstar 4.0 comes with many new features for publishing and analysing data and metadata.
Also, the metadata editor and publishing tool Nesstar Publisher is now also made available as freeware.
Nesstar 4.0 now supports
- multilingual metadata editing and publishing
- data import from .xls-files
- aggregate data import, production and publishing
- recode tool
- scheduled publishing
- improved charts and thematic maps
- cell notes/missing data symbols for aggregate data
- embedding of live data into regular web pages
- simplified bookmarking
- improved search functionality using Apache Lucene
- search engine optimization for improved findability
- codebook-download as PDF
- improved migration tools for server owners
- simplified configuration tool
Requirements for Server
- 2GB of RAM (4GB is preferable). You may optimise the amount of memory your server is allocated by setting the "Java Heap Size" under Advanced Settings in the configuration tool.
- 2Ghz CPU or faster. Multi-core CPUs are recommended.
- minimum 10GB harddisk.
For Windows Version
- Windows XP/2000/Vista/7 or Windows Server 2003/2008R2.
For Linux Version
- Linux (Running on i386 or compatible processors)
- Java 1.6
- Java Advanced Imaging libraries installed
- MySQL installed
- Apache Ant >= 1.6
Requirements for Webview
Nesstar WebView is optimised to operate with the latest stable versions of all commonly used web broswers (eg. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera,etc ).
Requirements for Publisher
Publisher is a desktop standalone application. It requires Windows XP, 2000, Vista or Windows7 and internet connect if the data is to be published directly to nesstar server,
Currently we do not have a unix/linux version of Publisher.